I recently accidentally turned on a WNBA game on my television. I was looking for the show the League but I mistook TNT for FX. Usually when this tragedy happens I immediately change the channel, puke in my mouth a little bit, and carry on with my normal watching. But this time I decided if they put it on TV someone has to watch it right? Well I am not here to discriminate or be sexist but I did find what I watched somewhat disturbing.
Let me preface these next few statements by saying that I am not sexist, I AM out of shape, and I do not play sports; BUT, I do watch a good amount of TV. Now back to the WNBA game. It was a game between two teams named the Fever and the Mercury, and I can honestly say that it was one of the least interesting things I have watched...all 6 minutes I watched. During the 6 minutes of "basketball" that I watched, there were 8 turnovers, O dunks, 2 field goals made, and 3 injuries. Now that is really not what I would expect from a professional basketball game, but nonetheless these women were bouncing a ball and trying to put it in a basket.
I soon relieved myself and turned it on the League and carried on with my night. But I really wanted to take the time to reflect on my time spent watching this womens sporting event. Once again, I AM NOT SEXIST, and I support women trying to play sports, but this stuff should not be on TV. Seriously, there are 154 things I'd rather watch than a WNBA game. I am trying to spare these networks poor ratings. If they want to stick with sports put on a poker tournament or something; that is still more interesting.
Like I said, I want to say that I am not good at sports (well, sort of), and I am not hating on these women, I am hating on the TV companies wasting their time slots and losing viewers. Next time consider putting on a NASCAR race; I'd rather watch cars turn left for 4 hours than watch a WNBA game between the Storm and the Sparks.
Waddle
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment